all out [ with full use of one’s powers; without reservation ] 全力以赴
The baseball players went all out to win the game.
棒球選手們全力以赴,以贏取勝利。
We have to go all out to finish the job on time.
. reservation [`rGzQ}veNDn] n. 保留;疑慮
* all over 1. [ everywhere ] 到處
She became sick and ached all over.
她生病了,並且全身疼痛。
We looked all over for the ring.
He has traveled all over the world.
他環遊世界旅行。
English is spoken all over the world.
2. [finished; dead ] 結束;死了
The party is all over.
宴會結束了。
It’s all over. He’s dead now.
一切都結束了,他已死了。
* all right 1. [ satisfactory; OK; yes ] 可以;很好
He said that it would be all right to wait in his office until he returned.
Would you like to join us? All right.
你想加入我們嗎?可以。
2. [ fine; well ] 很好
I was sick yesterday, but I’m all right now.
我昨天生病,但今天已經好了。
. satisfactory [`sæt0s}fæktDri] adj. 令人滿意的
* all the same 1. [ to make no difference ] 無關緊要;都一樣;沒有區別
It’s all the same to me whether we go to the movies or not.
我們去不去看電影,對我都是一樣。
Give me coffee or tea with my cake; it’s all the same to me.
給我咖啡或茶來配蛋糕吃都沒有差別。
You can stay or go, it’s all the same to me.
2. [ nevertheless ] 雖然如此;仍然;依然;照樣 = just the same
I don’t like parties, but I’ll come to yours all the same.
我不喜歡宴會,雖然如此我仍會去參加你的。
Your arguments are very convincing but, all the same, I don’t
think that Iraq will attack them.
你的論點雖很令人信服,然而我還是不相信伊拉克會攻擊他們。
I’m sure he’s safe, but all the same, I wish he’d come home.
I didn’t expect to find anything, but I decided to look around just the same.
提供「高中英文片語& 成語 」免費下載
留言列表